If you want to make money online, but you are not sure where to start work? Don’t worry, I have got you covered.
And you are not alone. Some 16% of adults performed a side gig in the previous month to help them make extra money and, of those, 64% spent less than 20 hours doing those jobs during that period, according to the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households in 2021 report, released in May 2022 by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
1. Freelance work online
Freelance work online refers to the practice of working independently and offering services to clients through the internet. Freelancers can work in a variety of fields such as writing, graphic design, programming, consulting, and more. They are typically self-employed and are not committed to a long-term employer. There are many websites that provide platforms for freelancers to find work, such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com.
Learn how to get started on Upwork
Total time: It can take a while to get your first gig.
Setup: 24 hours.
How easy to start: Easy, if you have the expertise.
How fast you’ll get paid: Varies by site.
2. Test websites and apps
Another way to make money from home is on sites like UserTesting.com.
UserTesting is a website that allows businesses and individuals to conduct user testing on their websites and mobile apps. The platform allows users to conduct remote unmoderated or moderated user testing, which means you can test your website or app with real users from anywhere in the world, without the need for expensive lab equipment or software.
As a tester, you can sign up for UserTesting and complete test sessions for money. You will be asked to visit a website or use an app and complete a series of tasks while providing spoken thoughts on your experience. The tests typically take around 20 minutes to complete and pay around $10- $15 per test.
UserTesting is one of the most popular platform in this field and it’s widely used by many companies and developers. It’s a great way to make money testing websites and apps and also gain some experience in the field.
3. Pick up tasks on Amazon’s Mechanical Turk
Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a marketplace for small tasks that are difficult for computers to automate, but easy for humans to do. These tasks, known as HITs (Human Intelligence Tasks), can include things like transcribing audio recordings, tagging images, and classifying data.
To pick up tasks on MTurk, you will need to create an account and sign in. Once you have signed in, you can browse available HITs and select the tasks you want to complete. Some tasks may have qualifications that you need to meet before you can work on them, but others are open to anyone.
You can filter the available HITs according to your preferences, such as payment, location, and time frame. Once you have accepted a task, you will need to complete it within the time frame specified by the requester. Once you have completed the task, the requester will review your work and approve or reject it. If your work is approved, you will be paid for the task.
MTurk can be a good way to earn extra money on the side, but it’s important to remember that the pay per task is generally low. Also, it’s worth noting that not all tasks available on the platform are well-paying.
4. Make money from your blog as an affiliate
Affiliate marketing is a popular way to make money from a blog. As an affiliate, you promote other people’s products or services on your blog and earn a commission for each sale made through your unique affiliate link.
Here are some steps to get started with affiliate marketing on your blog:
- Choose a niche: Pick a niche that you are passionate about and that aligns with your blog’s content. This will make it easier to find relevant affiliate products to promote.
- Find affiliate programs: Look for affiliate programs in your niche. Some popular affiliate networks include Amazon Associates, ShareASale, and Commission Junction. You can also reach out to individual companies and ask if they have an affiliate program.
- Apply for the program: Once you find affiliate programs you want to join, you will need to apply to become an affiliate. This typically involves filling out an application form and providing your blog’s URL and other details.
- Add affiliate links: Once you are accepted into an affiliate program, you can add affiliate links to your blog. You can add links to your blog posts, sidebar, or in a dedicated page.
- Promote the products: Share your affiliate links on your blog and social media channels, and include them in email campaigns. Make sure to provide value and disclose your affiliate relationship to your audience.
It’s important to note that making money as an affiliate is not an overnight process and it takes time and effort to establish yourself as a credible source and build trust with your audience. Additionally, make sure to comply with the laws and regulations of your country regarding affiliate marketing.
5. Monetize your Twitch channel
Gaming could be a way to make money from home if you have a steady following on Twitch, the go-to site for gamers. Broadcasters can receive donations from viewers and even get a share of subscription and ad revenue if they reach Affiliate or Partner status. Learn more about how to make money on Twitch.
Total time: This can be a long game.
Setup: Quick and easy.
How easy to start: Easy to start; takes a while to build a following.
Age threshold: 13+.
How fast you’ll get paid: Monthly.