The selection process consists of a series of tests and interviews that assess the candidates’ mental, physical, and social abilities. Here is a general overview of the evaluation process:
- Registration: Candidates must first register themselves for the ISSB test through the Pakistan Army website.
- Intelligence Test: The first test is an intelligence test that assesses the candidate’s mental abilities, including verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
- Academic Tests: Candidates are tested on their academic knowledge, including English, Mathematics, and Pakistan Studies.
- Physical Fitness Test: Candidates are required to pass a physical fitness test, which includes a 1.6 km run, push-ups, sit-ups, and chin-ups.
- Group Discussion: Candidates are put into groups and given a topic to discuss. This test evaluates their ability to communicate, cooperate, and lead.
- Psychological Test: The psychological test is designed to evaluate the candidate’s personality and emotional stability.
- Interview: Candidates are interviewed by a panel of senior officers to assess their motivation, leadership potential, and overall suitability for the Armed Forces.
Candidates will report to their defined ISSB test centers kohat , Gujranwala etc.
- DOCUMENTS CHECKING:-
Candidates will be go through the documents checking procedure. All the candidates will be checked on arrival by officials of the academy.
- ALLOTMENT OF CHEST NUMBERS:-
Each candidate will be allotted unique chest number.
After the chest numbers the photographs of all candidates will be taken.
- ADMINISTRATION STAFF’S ADDRESS:-Administrative staff will address the candidates and will inform them about the details of upcoming tests. Candidates may ask questions during this introductory session. In the last candidates may be asked to write a paragraph about any unforgettable incident
(Opening Address Day)
Deputy President of the ISSB center will address the candidates.
There are two types of intelligence tests conducted on second day.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCREENING OUT RESULT:-
After simply half-hour the results of the intelligence test will be declared and only successful candidates will be eligible for further tests. Test success rate was probably 95%.
REMAINING PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTS:-
There are two main psychological tests
- Mechanical Aptitude test
- Personality tests
These written psychological tests to judge your personality through your responses. While mechanical Aptitude test is developed to judge your basic mechanical sense
You will be given a comprehensive briefing about the upcoming tests.
Every candidate will be given a specific indoor task such as they will be shown different pictures for a minute and than different questions will be asked to them regarding those pictures.
All candidates are divided into groups of ten members and informal discussions are conducted on different subjects.
Each group have to make a perfect plan to solve a given problem.
Different types of outdoor tasks are given to candidates. These tasks are designed to evaluate the operational abilities of the candidates.
PROGRESSIVE GROUP TASKS:-
This is a outdoor task. In this task a group of candidates are required to cross different obstacles or hindrances in a pre defined period of time as a whole group.An officer will brief you about the nature and rules of task in the beginning.
HALF GROUP TASKS:-
In these tasks a group of 8 to 10 candidates is divided into two sub groups. In this task, each half group has to face only a single hindrance or obstacle. Candidates must carry their luggage with them.
Interviewer will try to assesses your aptitude and for this purpose he will try get your views about different general things.
All candidates have to put up their best effort on this day. Note that before you appear for this ISSB test schedule, you should prior train yourself and get coaching from experienced people who have already passed this stage.
Candidates will have to tackle simple obstacles to show their decision-making power.
The purpose of this task is to check your leadership quality. You will assign a post of Commander of a group, and you will have to complete the given practical task with your force and your abilities.
FINAL GROUP TASK:-
Last group task will be given to you but now your group will be changed.
Make sure that you give your best on this day as great value is embedded by this day. Getting maximum marks in the command tasks, group tasks, mutual assessment tasks, you might get selected.
FINAL PANEL INTERVIEWS:-
A panel of officers will conduct the interviews of all the existing candidates.
PREPARATION OF ALL THE RESULTS:-
Now the result will be finalized in this stage by the examiners.
DISPERSAL OF CANDIDATES:-
Finally result will be announced.
On this day the conference day and note that on this day, some of the re-interviews will be commenced. Your TA/DA payments will be given to you and those who will not be qualifying, they will be send back to their homes.
The evaluation process is rigorous and challenging, but it is designed to identify individuals who have the necessary skills and qualities to become successful officers in the Pakistan Armed Forces.